The Bailey-Alexander Complex
1501 W Samford Ave
If you are experiencing a water issue:
- Dial (334) 501-3050 during normal business hours of 7:30 AM through 4:30 PM Monday through Friday
- After hours please call the non-emergency line at (334) 501-3100.
- For emergencies, please call 911.
The Water Division strives to keep in line with the latest innovations and technology available by:
- Providing technical assistance and recommendations to the citizens of Auburn as well as other City Departments concerning the operation and maintenance of the Water Treatment and Distribution System;
- Operation, maintenance and repair of the Water Treatment and Distribution System;
- Working cooperatively with other City Departments to address the future water needs of the City based on current demand and anticipated growth and development;
- Encouraging community education and promoting community participation in the efforts to conserve and maintain our water resources;
- Keeping appraised of the best available technology and procedures relating to water supply and treatment, system maintenance and inspection and water distribution.
The Water Division is responsible for the inspection, maintenance and repair of the following components of the Water Distribution System:
- Approximately 320 miles of water mains;
- An estimated 2,680 fire hydrants;
- Approximately 6,000 water valves;
- Approximately 22,608 water meters.