144 Tichenor Ave, Suite 1
James C. Buston, III
Assistant City Manager / COO
The City Manager, appointed by the City Council, is responsible for the overall operation and supervision of city government within the policy directives of the City Council.
As the administrative head of city government, the City Manager is responsible for the hiring and dismissal of all employees. He advises the Council on policy matters and presents the City's annual budget, including long-range goals and the Capital Improvement Program, to the Council. The City Manager is also responsible for the administration of the budget after adoption.
The City Manager, with the help of City departments, works to fulfil the mission of the City of Auburn, which is to provide economical delivery of quality services created and designed in response to the needs of its citizens rather than by habit or tradition.
The City of Auburn will achieve this by:
- Encouraging planned and managed growth as a means of developing an attractive built-environment and protecting and conserving our natural resources
- Creating diverse employment opportunities leading to an increased tax base
- Providing and maintaining reliable and appropriate infrastructure
- Providing and promoting quality housing, educational, cultural and recreational opportunities
- Providing quality public safety services
- Operating an adequately funded city government in a financially responsible and fiscally sound manner
- Recruiting and maintaining a highly motivated work force committed to excellence
- Facilitating citizen involvement