Started in 2009, the City of Auburn launched its Bicycle Loaner Program which allows citizens and visitors to borrow a bicycle and helmet for up to two weeks for the purpose of commuting and/or recreational use. These bicycles are offered completely free to users.
In 2015, the City added a pedal assist or e-bike to its fleet. This electronically assisted bicycle is a great option for people new to the sport of cycling or for those considering a commute but concerned about the summer heat. Call ahead to make sure this bike is available.
How to Borrow a Bike
- 19+ years of age
- Must present valid photo ID
- Fill out the Waiver Form
- Office is located at 365-B N Donahue Dr
- Bike loan lasts for 2 weeks at a time, but can be renewed based on availability
- All bikes are maintained annually
- All bikes are registered with Auburn University
- All bikes come with a helmet, proper reflective gear, and a lock
Partnership with Auburn University's War Eagle Bike Share
In 2016 the University started their Bike Share through GotchaBike. The City is proud to announce that as of Summer 2017 we are partnering with their bike share to offer our citizens the same opportunities.
Information / Hub Locations:
War Eagle Bike Share
How to Register: