City of Auburn - Water, Sewer and Garbage Services - Just the facts . . .
The Utility Billing Office (UBO) provides customer service to Auburn residents and businesses concerning water, sewer and garbage services. The Office is located in the Bailey-Alexander Water and Sewer Complex at 1501 West Samford Ave (the corner of Shug Jordan Pkwy and Samford Ave), telephone 334-501-3050, fax 334-501-7292.
· Hours: Office hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (except for City holidays). There is a night-drop for after-hours use; payments placed in the night-drop will be posted to accounts on the following business day. The UBO is not responsible for cash placed in the night drop.
· Starting Services: Proper identification, a deposit, and a service charge are required to start City utility services. The deposit can be waived when applying for service if the applicant provides a reference letter from a former utility confirming the applicant’s good payment history for a period of at least 24 consecutive months for an account in the applicant’s name. The applicant’s past payment history with the UBO will supersede a reference letter from another utility.
· Garbage Services: The City collects household garbage, yard waste and recycling from residences once each week. Please call Environmental Services at 501-3080 to find out your neighborhood’s scheduled pick-up day of the week.
· Billing Dates and Late Fees: Payments are due 15 days following the billing date printed on the bills. A minimum late fee of $5 ($1.50 for water, $1.50 for sewer, $2 for garbage) or 5% of each service will be added to accounts that have not been paid by the close of business on the due date.
· Payment Options: The UBO offers customers the convenience of several payment options: automatic bank draft, on-line payment via the City’s web site http://ubservices.auburnalabama.org or telephone payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) using our interactive voice response system. The Utility Account number is required to pay via telephone.
· Returned Checks: The service charge for returned checks or bank drafts is the highest amount set by Alabama law.
· Delinquent Accounts: To avoid interruption of service, prompt payment of the bill is required. If an account is not paid in full by the due date, a late fee will be charged. If an account is not paid in full by the 25th day after the billing date, a $50 delinquent account fee will be charged and the service will be scheduled for disconnection; if the deposit for such account has previously been waived, the account will be charged to bring the deposits to the current amount required. To re-establish service for an account that has been disconnected for non-payment, payment must be made by cash, credit card, money order or cashier’s check.
· After-Hours Fee: If an account has been disconnected for non-payment and the customer requests that service be restored after water crew business hours, on a weekend, or City holiday, an after-hours fee will be charged.
· If You Are Moving: Please notify the UBO in writing of your expected move date and provide a forwarding address for any deposits that may be refunded to you.
The Auburn Water Works Board and the City of Auburn are here to serve you;
please tell us how we can improve our service.